Reminder to Pray for Haiti

As I'm sure all of you know, Haiti was hit with a devastating earthquake and death tolls are expected to reach 100,000.

I just wanted to remind everyone to be in prayer for the Haitians and those who have been injured and/or have lost loved ones.

Specific Prayer Requests for Haiti

1. Steve S. has shared the following prayer request via the comments. I wanted to bring it to the attention of our readers:

"We sponsor a child in Haiti through Compassion International. Her name is Rebeca and she will be 14 on her birthday tomorrow. She lives with her family in Cayes. Please pray for her and her family."

2. Also, my home church, Faith Christian Fellowship in Williamsport, MD, sponsors a missionary that lives in Haiti named Luke St. Felix. Please keep Luke and his family in your prayers as well.

3. Billy wrote:

"A fellow I work with (Gaby) has family in Haiti. He flew back yesterday afternoon. He knew for sure that his brother was injured but hadn't heard from his sister as of yesterday. Any prayers for his family would be appreciated. Thanks!"

If anyone else has any prayer requests regarding the tradegy in Haiti, please let us know via the comments and I will draw our reader's attention to them.

I appreciate your time.

Added 1-16-10: Here is a link to Worldvision's Haiti Relief Effort.



Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Comments

Steve S said…
We sponsor a child in Haiti through Compassion International. Her name is Rebeca and she will be 14 on her birthday tomorrow. She lives with her family in Cayes. Please pray for her and her family.

Thank you.
Steve
Billy said…
Chad,

A fellow I work with (Gaby) has family in Haiti. He flew back yesterday afternoon. He knew for sure that his brother was injured but hadn't heard from his sister as of yesterday. Any prayers for his family would be appreciated. Thanks!

Billy
Chad said…
Steve and Billy,

Thank you both for sharing these requests. I hope you don't mind that I put them in the post itself, but I wanted to be sure that everyone saw them.

If possible, keep me updated regarding these two families.

Thank you both again.

Godspeed
Billy said…
Chad,
I just wanted to give you and update on my friend's status. His family have moved north away from the city. His brother was seriously injured in the earthquake and unfortunately his sister was killed. Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers. Thank you!
Unknown said…
Billy,

Thank you for taking the time to update me. I'm so sorry to hear of your friends loss. I hope his brother recovers fully and quickly.

I encourage readers to keep this brother in your prayers.

Godspeed